Apple today sent out a press release announcing a new partnership with Cisco, which will see the two companies teaming up to create a "fast lane" for iOS business users through the optimization of Cisco networks for iOS devices and apps. The partnership will allow iOS devices to work more efficiently in workplaces that use Cisco technology.
iOS is the world’s best mobile platform, and nearly every Fortune 500 and Global 500 company today has put iOS at the center of their mobile strategy," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. "iPhone and iPad have become essential tools for the modern workforce and are changing the way work gets done. Together with Cisco, we believe we can give businesses the tools to maximize the potential of iOS and help employees become even more productive using the devices they already love."
Through the partnership, iOS devices and Cisco networks will be optimized to work together to enhance productivity for enterprise users. Apple and Cisco are aiming to make the iPhone a better business collaboration tool for use with Cisco’s voice and video environments, "providing employees with a seamless experience between their iPhone and their desk phone."
— Jose Alfredo (JA) (@josealfredosouz) August 31, 2015
Cisco will create "experiences" tailored to iOS devices across mobile, cloud applications, and collaboration tools like Cisco Spark, Cisco Telepresence, and Cisco WebEx to improve collaborative interactions and "reinvent the meeting experience.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• T-Mobile to Restrict Unlimited Customers Using Up to 2,000 GB of Data Per Month
• Stilo Review: This Stylus and Screen Protector Duo Aims to Emulate the Feel of Writing on Paper
• Apple Joins Massive Pentagon Partnership to Develop High-Tech Military Wearables
• Boostcase Review: Bloc Power Bank for Apple Watch Has Unique Built-In Battery, but Isn’t Portable Enough
• Belkin Launches MIXIT Lightning to USB Keychain Chargers
• Instagram Announces In-App Support for Portrait and Landscape Modes
• Apple Partners With PayAnywhere for Universal Apple Pay Card Reader
• ‘Workflow’ for iOS Gains Today Widget, Syncing Feature
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – Front Page http://ift.tt/1FcTGaU