As of this week, the University of Oklahoma will begin accepting Apple Pay across its entire campus, becoming the first university to widely embrace Apple Pay. Students attending the University of Oklahoma can use Apple Pay at any of the campus’s 400 point-of-service locations, including bookstores, restaurants, and more.
Starting this week, Sooners are now able to pay for items at any one of OU’s 400 point-of-service locations — everywhere from Couch Restaurants to the One University Store and the OU Bookstore. That’s right: Buying textbooks, technology and food on campus has never been easier — or more techy.
In a quirky post announcing Apple Pay, the university created a list of reasons why "having Apple Pay campus wide is so awesome," ranging from being able to pay without a wallet to the security of the transactions.
The University of Oklahoma appears to be the first college to begin accepting Apple Pay campus wide, but in the near future, more than 700 universities and colleges will adopt the payments service. Apple CEO Tim Cook made the announcement during the company’s third-quarter earnings call, specifically naming the University of Oklahoma, the University of Kentucky, and Auburn University, Cook’s own alma mater.
Since its October 2014 debut, Apple Pay has steadily grown in popularity. Apple Pay works with hundreds of debit and credit cards in the United States and it is accepted at more than 1 million locations across the country.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• T-Mobile to Restrict Unlimited Customers Using Up to 2,000 GB of Data Per Month
• Stilo Review: This Stylus and Screen Protector Duo Aims to Emulate the Feel of Writing on Paper
• Apple Joins Massive Pentagon Partnership to Develop High-Tech Military Wearables
• Boostcase Review: Bloc Power Bank for Apple Watch Has Unique Built-In Battery, but Isn’t Portable Enough
• Belkin Launches MIXIT Lightning to USB Keychain Chargers
• Instagram Announces In-App Support for Portrait and Landscape Modes
• Apple Partners With PayAnywhere for Universal Apple Pay Card Reader
• ‘Workflow’ for iOS Gains Today Widget, Syncing Feature
from MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – Front Page http://ift.tt/1N542BA